5 Reasons of why ELSS is the Best Tax Saving Option
ELSS (Equity Linked Saving Scheme) is a category mutual fund that gives one tax benefits under section 80C upto 1.5 lac of investments. The other investment options under 80 C are are PPF, 5-year FD, Life Insurance etc.
A higher return isn’t the only benefit offered by ELSS funds. Let’s look at some other key reasons that make ELSS funds a popular choice.
Reasons Why ELSS is an Attractive Option
- Lowest lock–in period among other tax saving funds: ELSS has a lock-in period of only 3 years. This period is the lowest in comparison to other tax saving options such as 15 years in a PPF or 5 years in a fixed deposit option.
- Higher Returns: Since ELSS funds invest in equity schemes, the returns are higher (15-20%) compared to other tax saving options (generally, 7-10%). Over a 3 year period, the benefit of compounding coupled with returns from equity provides higher returns for investors. This is highest among other tax saving options such as PPF, FD over 5 years, among others. Some of the high performing mutual funds have been able to give even higher returns. Obviously, there is a risk attached here. ELSS mutual funds invest in equity markets and therefore, ELSS funds’ returns are subject to market risks.
- Easy to Invest: Investing in ELSS is paperless. The investments can be done from the mobile appor websites. The payments can be done through netbanking or debit cards. One can track, redeem or invest more from the comfort of their homes.
- The Benefit of Compounding: It is generally advised to invest in equity funds for a long term, spanning 5-10 years. ELSS funds by virtue of the lock-in period bring about a disciplined long-term investment by default. In this process, it helps the investors benefit from the power of compounding in the long-run.
- Redemption not Compulsory After 3 Years: If the investors are happy with the returns from their ELSS fund investment, they may choose to continue. Redemption is not compulsory after a period of 3 years. It is only a minimum investment duration. There is no maximum investment duration.
Over the past 15 years, good ELSS mutual funds have outperformed returns given by all other tax saving options. The best part is that Such online options allow you to not only invest but also track, and withdraw from your ELSS investment.
For anyone who wishes to save taxes while still gaining good returns, ELSS mutual funds are worth considering.
One Call Can Change your Finance Forever
Take Your First Step Towards Smarter Investment Decision.
Helping people to Increase their Networth and Wealth.
Blogger | Speaker | Coach | Consultant
Whatsapp / Call – +919841058689
#Mutual Funds #Equity #Money Talks #Wealth Creator #Wealthy #Rich #Love Money #More Money #Motivation #Portfolio #Leadership #Debt #Happiness #Think Big #Millionaire #Mindset #Grow Rich #Money Team #Money Maker #Entrepreneur #Passive Income #Money Flow #Finance #Bank #Life #Portfolio #Mutual Funds India #Mutual funds sahi hai #Mutual Funds India #SIP #systematic #investment #fundadvisor #money #saving #moneysaving #Fund #Investmentplanning #Financialplanning